Wednesday, October 17

anxiety.


With only 17 weeks left until my due date the reality (and dread, and anxiety, and excitement, and more anxiety) of delivery is beginning to set in.  I know as I grow bigger and the discomforts of pregnancy gradually increase that I'll slowly become more and more mentally prepared for the big day.  But until then, while our daughter is still just a little flutter in my belly I'm really struggling with pre-labor jitters.  

Thankfully I came across two blog posts today that set my spirit at such ease.  Both spoke so clearly of the power and importance of gratefulness when having a baby.  What better way to find joy?  The first was Nancy Wilson writing a simple announcement of the birth of her new grandson.  What really struck me was Rachel's 'birth plan'.

"Yes, it was an unexpected C-section. Hoorah for C-sections! What a merciful God who gave Rachel a chirpy attitude, a flexible birth plan, kind nurses, skillful physicians, and a healthy baby boy who had (at the last minute) wiggled himself into an impossible position. Actually, she told me her birth plan ahead of time. It was this: to be grateful. And she is."   
(read the rest of the post here.) 

As soon as I read this, I went hunting for my friend Jen's birth story.  After a long and difficult labor J gave birth to a handsome, handsome boy.  She is always so genuine in her attitude and I new she'd have some wisdom to share. 

"God provides in every situation and makes His glory shine through in the biggest and smallest ways. I think its easy while pregnant to get caught up in thinking about the delivery and how its going to go, and how you want it to go, but the truth is, no birth plan stands a chance. The important part isn't how you have the baby, it's that you have the baby. 
(read the rest of her story here.) 

So from now on I'm going to stop researching "the perfect birth plan" and start looking at more pictures of babies on Pinterest. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.  xx, R

3 comments:

  1. You and your little love are so precious. I'm so honored to have been an encouragement to you and I know that you are going to be such a great mother. You are definitely one of those people that was born for this:)The unknown is so scary, but once you're there, God's peace is so inescapable. Trust in Him and throw yourself into the unknown, laughing and ready to welcome a new soul into your world.
    love you and praying for you every day.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this perspective. Let the love and grace shine through and leave the anxiety and worries with the Father. Thank you for stilling my heart, as birth, though far off, is a worry for me.

    ReplyDelete